The health and safety of our guests and staff is our first priority. We’re taking every possible step to follow the strongest Covid-19 sanitation guidelines advised by the CDC, FDA, and EPA. You’ll find our Sanitation Protocols and Cleaning Checklist below. If you aren’t feeling well in anticipation of your stay, we’re more than happy to accommodate a change to your reservation. Please get in touch if you have any questions or need to make a change to your reservation.
- The house sits empty 72 hours prior to all arrivals.
- Professional cleaning staff wear masks and gloves and follow a detailed cleaning checklist.
- Cleaning staff disinfect all contact surfaces with Diversey Oxivir Tb, a hospital-grade disinfectant listed on the EPA list of disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2.
- The house is sterilized with Decon7 fogger, a food-safe FDA approved virucidal disinfectant that is on the EPA’s official list of disinfectants for SARS-CoV-2.
- Food items are disinfected and have minimal contact — no customers are ever in contact with products.
- Kitchen items are sanitized with Steramine, a food service sanitizer (quaternary ammonium, an EPA approved disinfectant for SARS-CoV-2).
- All linens at the house — including pillows, bath and lounge towels, sheets, kitchen towels, and cotton blankets — are laundered and then sealed in plastic bags. (This means the bed is not made in advance of your arrival. If you'd prefer the bed made at no charge, please let us know.) The mattress is kept in a waterproof protector, which is also laundered. Additionally, the mattress is fogged with Decon7, which is effective on porous items and fabric.
- A new high-MERV (13) air filter is installed in the air conditioning prior to all arrivals.
- Guests are provided with Hedley & Bennett non-surgical face masks and ethanol alcohol-based hand sanitizer (World Health Organization formulation) from Los Angeles boutique distiller The Spirit Guild.